Hello Friends! I’m sure you know traditional deodorants are TERRIBLE for you right?
If not heres a quick scoop: Traditional and cheap deodorants are full of toxins and heavy metals like aluminum that have been linked to cancer and other serious health issues. Think about this for me, antiperspirant seems great, it keeps you from have those dreaded wet underarms. But there are all sorts of lymph nodes responsible for detoxing your body, right there in your armpits. Antiperspirant clogs those pores stoping that detoxification process. You are supposed to sweat! Sweating is healthy and necessary for detoxifying your body!
If you are switching from using traditional deodorant to a natural alternative there will be an adjustment period. There may be a short period of time where you just stink and there isn’t much you can do as your body makes up for lost time detoxifying itself. The following recipe for an armpit detox will help jump start everything and minimize strong odor as you switch over.
Armpit Detox Mask
- Mix together aloe and clay. It should be like a paste.
- Add essential oils and mix thoroughly.
- Store in a glass glass container in the fridge.
Apply a decent layer of mask to each armpit. Let sit for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Use every couple of days if you are switching to a natural alternative. Then use bi weekly after that.
DIY Natural Deodorant
- Coconut Oil 1/2 cup
- Bees Wax 1Tbs
- Baking Soda 1Tbs
- Arrowroot Powder ( Or Cornstarch) 2Tbs
- Essential Oils 5 drops each ( Lavender, Tea Tree,Rosemary)
- Place coconut oil and bees wax in double boiler (I use a metal bowl on top of a soup pan filled with some water) until completely melted.
- Take off heat and mix in baking soda and arrowroot powder.
- Add essential oils and mix throughly.
- Place mixture in a clean deodorant tube and let set for an hour.
Apply a thin layer once a day.
I want to note that I give my armpits lots of breathing time every couple of days where I just do a detox mask and go a day or 2 not wearing deodorant. Again there are major detoxifying effects that happen in the underarms so give them the time to work.